A smile can leave a lasting impression, which is why it's important to do what you can to keep yours looking bright, white and healthy. Need some advice on how to keep your teeth looking their best? Check out our list of the top 7 steps to a better smile!
- Brush At Least Twice a Day: Dentists recommend that children and adults brush their teeth at least once per day or after every meal.
- Floss At Least Once a Day: You should also be flossing at least once per day to prevent plaque buildup. Hate flossing? Use floss sticks to make flossing easier and less time consuming.
- Use a Quality Mouthwash: The type of mouthwash you use can make a world of difference. Choose one that kills germs, strengthens the enamel and freshens the breath all at the same time.
- Visit Your Dentist Regularly: Make sure you are visiting your dentist regularly to have your teeth professionally cleaned and examined.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet: You might be surprised to learn that your eating habits can take a toll on your oral health. Keep your teeth strong and healthy by munching on foods that are rich in calcium and phosphorous.
- Stop Smoking or Dipping: You of course should definitely stop smoking cigarettes, stop dipping and/or stop using smokeless tobacco products. Tobacco can stain the teeth, but it can also cause your oral health to decline in other ways.
- Have Your Teeth Whitened: The last step to a better smile is having your teeth whitened. You can whiten your teeth at home using strips or gels, but nothing compares to an in-office whitening.
You are only 7 steps away from getting the smile you have always dreamed of. Put these tips to good use so that you can show off your pearly whites everywhere you go and Contact your Warrenton Dentist, Jeffrey Harris DDS today!