Cosmetic Dentistry in Warrenton
Today's cosmetic dentistry does more than enhance the appearance of your smile. With cosmetic dentistry's modern technologies, materials and techniques, Dr. Jeff Harris can not only beautifully transform your smile, he can restore it to health and comfort.
What can Dr. Harris do for your smile?
- Whiten stained, take home trays or cosmetic bonding
- Repair cracked, worn, broken teeth with porcelain veneers or bonding
- Close gaps between teeth with cosmetic bonding
- Straighten teeth with Invisalign invisible braces (no more metal and wires!)
- Replace old, failing metal restorations with tooth colored fillings or porcelain crowns, inlays or onlays
- Re contour gummy smiles or misshapen teeth with a gentle dental laser
- Replace missing teeth with bridges or dentures
- Restore dental implants
And so much more.
Best of all, most of these smile-enhancing and life-changing procedures can be completed in two to three comfortable visits.
It seems today that every dentist is a cosmetic dentist. This represents a fairly recent phenomenon. Since cosmetic dentistry is not a specialty recognized by the American Dental Association, how does one determine who's good, and who's not?
Below are four criteria that I would recommend using in your selection of a cosmetic dentist:
- EDUCATION: There are many continuing education courses offered in cosmetic dentistry, and most of them are quite good. A cosmetic dentist must be dedicated to expanding his learning and increasing his knowledge through regular participation in these courses. This is a critical component of a cosmetic dentist's development of his or her own philosophy and technical expertise.
- EXPERIENCE: This is an incredibly important factor in any profession. No matter how much knowledge one has, it is of little use if not used and applied extensively. The more cases a cosmetic dentist completes, the more capable that professional becomes in visualizing results, anticipating challenges, and knowing which techniques will produce the optimum result for the client. Cosmetic dentistry is an extremely technical craft; as a result, a clinician's skill set develops over time.
- LAB SUPPORT: Most cosmetic dental cases involve the fabrication of a porcelain crown and/ or veneer. These items are made in a dental laboratory by specially trained personnel. This dental laboratory technician, or ceramist, is responsible for translating the cosmetic dentist's specific information on your case into a well-crafted and natural-looking product. In this sense, the ceramist is a true artist. In order to achieve a high level of proficiency, this individual must have benefited from the experiences of completing many cases.
Ideally, the cosmetic dentist should have the same highly skilled ceramist complete all of his or her cases. This scenario would result in consistently beautiful results. In order to achieve this, the cosmetic dentist must have an established relationship with a high quality dental laboratory.
- REFERENCES: A cosmetic dentist should be able to provide a list of clients on whom he or she has completed cosmetic procedures. This is the best way for a potential client to gauge the patient's experience with their cosmetic dentist and their degree of satisfaction with the final product.
Hopefully, these guidelines will help in the process of selecting the cosmetic dentist who is right for you.